One Vision Community Development Workers
These posts are full time for 37½ hours per week to 31 March 2021
and attracts a salary of £21,074 p.a.
with an essential car user allowance of £600 p.a.
We have 6 exciting positions for One Vision Community Development Workers to work across Cornwall to increase the numbers of children and families being helped and supported by their local voluntary and community groups.
These positions are funded by Cornwall Council: Children, Schools and Families and aim to build on the excellent work carried out by Volunteer Cornwall in the Early Help Hub.
There are Family Hubs (previously Children’s Centres) in each Locality (click on the link). Your working base will be in one of these geographical areas. When applying, please indicate your preference for which area.
Your role will include:
- Researching and mapping provision to support Children, Young People and Families in each locality.
- Identifying duplication or gaps and putting strategies in place to resolve any issues.
- Increasing the range of VCS provision available and known about in each locality.
- Building effective networks in each locality.
- Using co-production and co-design methods with all members of the community to help them find their own local solutions.
- Keeping accurate records of the people that you support.
For all posts, the successful applicants will have a passion for making a difference to the lives of people; strong communication skills; an understanding of the needs of Children, Young People and Families in Cornwall. Good I.T. skills are essential as is the ability to work as part of a wider team focused on improving positive outcomes.
As this involves extensive travelling you will need access to a car.
See the Job Description for full details.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 9:00am on Wednesday 23rd January 2019
(We are ideally seeking an immediate start).