Why choose us?
This course has been specifically designed to develop the leadership and management skills for those working or volunteering in the community & voluntary sector. We use actual case studies and experiences to contextualise your learning.
Volunteer Cornwall has been successfully delivering Volunteer Management qualifications since 2012 and this ILM course is an exciting new addition to our programme of volunteer management courses and workshops.
About this course
This four day course is ideal for individuals who have management responsibilities but no formal training, and are serious about developing their abilities. It particularly supports practising team leaders seeking to move up to the next level of management, and managers who need to lead people though organisational change, budget cuts or other pressures.
The qualification is made up of the following three units
- Understanding Leadership
- Understand how to Establish and Effective Team
- Understanding how to Motivate and to Improve Performance
Benefits for individuals
- Gain a range of key management skills and put them into practice in your own role
- Build your leadership capabilities – motivate and engage teams, manage relationships confidently
- Develop your leadership and management skills using your own knowledge, values and motivations
Benefits for employers
- Effective and confident first-line managers
- Better relationships and communication in teams
- Proven skills – to get these qualifications, managers will need to show that they can transfer their new skills to your organisation
- Managers with the tools to develop their own skills and abilities
How much will the course cost?
This course is £550 per person to attend.
Successful learners can progress to a range of qualifications including:
- ILM Level 3 Certificate in Coaching and/or Mentoring
- Level 3 Award in Education & Training
- ILM Level 4 Award in Leadership and Management
Book you place on the course
If you're interested in finding out more about the course, please get in touch using one of the following methods:
- Telephone: 01872 266987