“A great environment to learn and extend existing skills.”
“I really enjoyed the course – particularly helpful in thinking about the motivation of volunteers.”
Why choose us?
This course has been specifically designed to develop the leadership and management skills for those working or volunteering in the community & voluntary sector. We use actual case studies and experiences to contextualise your learning.
Volunteer Cornwall has been successfully delivering Volunteer Management qualifications since 2012 and this ILM course is an exciting new addition to our programme of volunteer management courses and workshops.
About this course
This four-day course in Leadership & Management has been developed to provide an initial training programme for those interested in a volunteer management role within the voluntary, community, public and private sectors.
What does this course cover?
The course will enable learners to understand:
- Leadership in the VCSE context
- How to establish effective teams
- How to motivate to improve performance and retention
Within the context of:
- The principles and values of volunteering
- The organisational requirements for volunteering
- The need to support and develop volunteers
Benefits for individuals
- Gain a range of key management skills and put them into practice in your own role
- Build your leadership capabilities – motivate and engage teams, manage relationships confidently
- Develop your leadership and management skills using your own knowledge, values and motivations
Benefits for employers
- Effective and confident first-line managers
- Better relationships and communication in teams
- Proven skills – to get these qualifications, managers will need to show that they can transfer their new skills to your organisation
- Managers with the tools to develop their own skills and abilities
How is this course assessed?
Learners will complete a workbook and two written assignments to demonstrate understanding and knowledge gained. Learners will need 4 to 8 hours self-study time to complete assignments.
When are the course dates?
The first session will start on 20th February and then the course will continue on the 27th February and 13th March with a planned end date of 20th March.
How much will the course cost?
Places on the course are £550, this cost includes the learner registration fee for the ILM awarding body.
Successful learners can progress to a range of qualifications including:
- ILM Level 3 Certificate in Coaching and/or Mentoring
- Level 3 Award in Education & Training
- ILM Level 4 Award in Leadership and Management
Book you place on the course
If you're interested in finding out more about the course, please get in touch using one of the following methods:
- Telephone: 01872 266987