Knowledge and Innovation with Volunteer Cornwall
Our highly experienced and approachable training team works with individuals and organisations to meet training needs in a cost-effective and appropriate way. Whether you are an individual looking to develop your skills and qualifications, or you are part of an organisation that is looking for training solutions and advice, we can support you.
Our enthusiastic, professional and passionate tutors deliver high-quality training in a range of subject areas, details of which are contained in our Training Courses pages. Two of our more popular courses are within the fields of education/training and volunteer management. We have an experienced practitioner in educational theory and practice who can advise you on all levels of training, teaching, mentoring and coaching. Our Level 3 Award in Education and Training enjoys a 100% success rate.
We have been successfully delivering Volunteer Management qualifications since 2012. From 2018 we are now an ILM approved centre and are delivering a suite of courses in Leadership & Management based around Managing Volunteers. Join the 70k other people who enhanced their performance with an ILM qualification last year, and fast-track your way to the top with ILM leadership and management qualifications. In addition to continuing our expertise at Level 3, we are now offering progression qualifications at Level 4. These provide an opportunity to achieve a qualification and to develop a peer support network in the volunteer management arena.
What you can expect from us
- Enthusiastic and passionate trainers
- Extensive training experience and up to date CPD
- A relaxed but professional learning environment
- Tailored solutions for your individual or organisational training and development needs
- Excellent pass rates and learner feedback
- A constantly evolving training offer in line with demand and with accreditation through a range of recognised awarding bodies
- Effective administration support and reporting systems
ESF Upskilling the Voluntary Sector
Last opportunity for free training through this programme (ends 31st March 2019)
We are looking for organisations who would like to participate in this latest round of ESF funding.
- Do you have volunteers to manage?
- Do you run training sessions?
- Are you struggling to recruit volunteers using online services?
- Do you need to fundraise?
- Do you have safeguarding responsibilities?
- Do you know what a hashtag is and how it can help you?
- How can coaching help you in your work and personal life?
If some of these questions apply to you then we may be able to support you to do them better or enhance your current experience.
Find out more about the ESF funding programme on the ESF Funding page.
To learn what courses are available under the new ESF funding, visit our ESF Training Offers page.
Back to Work Programme
Living Well to Work
We are delighted to be part of the 'Living Well to Work' partnership project, led by the Learning Partnership and delivered by Partners throughout Cornwall and with the University of Exeter. Funding comes from the European Social Fund.
The project aims to address the problems that arise for people wishing to become part of the workforce but whose health issues have previously prevented them from doing so.
Living Well to Work page.
AQA Unit Awards
These are individual training awards that can be tailored to your organisational needs. There are over 12,000 cost-effective and accredited AQA awards available or they can be developed for your specific requirements. Some of the AQA awards we currently deliver are:-
• Evaluation & Project Monitoring
• Managing Volunteers
• Introduction to developing community knowledge
• Employability skills
• Customer service
In addition to accredited courses, we also offer a wide range of non-qualification programmes in areas such as fundraising, coaching, employability, mentoring, safeguarding, event management and customer service.
At Volunteer Cornwall we view training as part of a general development approach for both individuals and organisations. This could take the form of a training course; alternatively it could lead to a series of individual/group sessions aimed at growth and development. We are happy to offer a free, no-obligation consultation to explore your training and development needs.
We also deliver training in the health arena.
- Making Every Contact Count (MECC)
- Active Signposting
We have supported numerous organisations throughout the county with bespoke workshops to meet their training needs. These have included:
- Mentoring and befriending
- Working safely
- Volunteer induction
- Supporting and supervising volunteers
- Motivating and retaining volunteers
- Volunteer recruitment
- Event planning
- Social media
- Using music as a means of personal development
Training & Development Privacy Statement
If you would like to learn about how we handle your privacy and data, you can read about it on the Training & Development Privacy Statement page.
Volunteer Cornwall - Your Data and Your Rights.