Blog by Matthew Salisbury
I have enjoyed my time here at Volunteer Cornwall.
The staff here are nice people.
My mum and I are very grateful for you allowing me to volunteer here at the office.
I’m looking forward to hopefully volunteering at the British Heart Foundation in Camborne listing ebay items, customer service etc.
I will miss being at the Volunteer Cornwall office.
Things I have achieved while being here:
- Setting up a Viva football buddy scheme to watch Plymouth Argyle at home.
- Going on Coast FM to talk about volunteering
- Getting a gold medal in Sheffield for football
What roles I have done:
- Use Microsoft Access
- Input Special Olympics people’s name, address etc
- Write blogs
- Mind maps
I have been to lots of events organised by Volunteer Cornwall including:
- Tall Ships
- 40th Birthday celebrations
- I will be going to the Volunteer Awards and I’ve been nominated for an award.
- Blue Light Days
- Party in the Park once or twice
- Beach day thing
- Christmas event at end of the year
- Boat trip to Falmouth
- Café Chaos open day
- Safeguarding training
- IT training
- Going to Tottenham Hotspur White Hart Lane
To sum up I’ve enjoyed my time here at Volunteer Cornwall.