Volunteer Cornwall has, for some time, been working closely with colleagues across health & social care to find ways of making the system work better in Cornwall.
We believe that people have a role to play in taking care not only of their own health and well being but that of others around them in their community. And every day in Cornwall, tens of thousands of people do just that by volunteering their time in a range of roles for hundreds of different charities and community groups.
Over the coming months, we will be launching a new campaign to get more people to join this growing army but right now we are expanding our own range of services, extending the help we offer to an even wider range of people.
That means we are on the look-out for more volunteers. We need people of any age, skills or experience in all parts of the county and it doesn't matter how much or little time you have available - if you enjoy helping others then we want to hear from you.
The document below outlines our current projects and services to give you an idea of the kind of things we do but we are also planning to launch new services soon and we also want to hear from people who might be interested in any of the following:
- Supporting your local GP Practice to help tackle loneliness and isolation
- Driving elderly or vulnerable people to / from hospital or health appointments
- Providing a "good neighbours" service to people in the town or village where you live
- Setting up an activity or social group in your neighbourhood (with support from a professional)
- Supporting or befriending people who have had a stroke